The UNIX System Administrator is responsible for the support for RHEL and IBM AIX server infrastructure as well as all run and maintain activities.
- Analyzes, logs, tracks and resolves complex software/hardware matters of significance pertaining to networking connectivity issues, printer, servers, and applications to meet business needs.
- Coordinates hardware/software installations and upgrades to ensure work is properly performed in accordance with company policy. Recommends resolution to complex matters of significance and coordinates the implementation of the approved course of action.
- Coordinates and monitors troubleshooting to isolate and diagnose common system problems; documents system events to ensure continuous functioning. Recommends course of action and implements as approved.
- Coordinates testing, upgrades and configuration of system files and services. Ensures changes are in accordance with appropriate operating procedures; recommends revisions or changes based upon results. Prepares for and prescribes approaches to possible downstream implications.
- Utilizes standard tools to record problem activities for tracking purposes.
- IBM AIX 5.2 , 5.3 server administration
- RHEL 5.x, 6.x server administration
- Contribute to and maintain system standards
- Perform daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes, reviewing system and application logs, and verifying completion of scheduled jobs such as backups.
- Create, change, and delete user accounts per request
- Netbackup server administration
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Two or more years of experience as a Unix Administrator in AIX and/or Linux environments
- Experience working with computer hardware for installation and upgrades, software installation/upgrading procedures, and with file and system maintenance procedures
- Good organization skills to balance and prioritize work, and multitask
- Good analytical and problem solving skills to troubleshoot systems problems
- Good communication skills to communicate with support personnel, customers, and managers
Required Skills for Unix Systems Administrator:
Red Hat Linux
|Salary||3 Lac 50 Thousand To 6 Lac P.A.|
|Industry||IT Hardware / Technical Support / Telecom Engineering|
|Work Experience||2 Years|
|Qualification||Other Bachelor Degree|
A Tech Pvt Ltd